Tips to help you extend the life of your rug
We’ve put together a short list of things you can do to help extend the life of your rugs. You may already know to vacuum your rug, but did you know that there is a better way to do it?
- Vacuuming your rug often will be the most beneficial when done correctly: slow passes in each direction, with the final set of passes in the same direction as the pile.
- Use care around the fringe and edges of rug when vacuuming. You may even want to place books along your fringes to protect them from being damaged by the vacuum.
- Vacuum as often as necessary, especially in the highest traffic areas. This helps to keep dry soils from cutting into the fibers of your rug.
- Rotate your rug annually to maintain even wear, keeping in mind that this may slightly alter the color of your rug. Every rug has a “light end” and a “dark end.” The direction of the pile lay determines whether light is being reflected or absorbed by the fibers.
- Have your rugs professionally cleaned every 12 to 36 months, depending on the amount of traffic your rug receives. If you have any pets, you may want to have rugs professionally cleaned more often.
- Use a properly fit rug cushion/pad under your rug to protect your rug from wear, slipping or buckling, and also to protect your floors under your rug.
- For rugs in high traffic areas, have a fiber protector applied to your rug to help extend the time between cleanings, and to help protect against stains from spills.
Please call us if we can help you with any rug care needs!
Copyright © 2021
All rights reserved
CBM Rug Cleaning
730 Grand Ave
Billings, Montana 59101
Mon - Fri 8am - 5pm
Saturday - Closed
Sunday - closed